Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wedding toast

Hey, it's my sister's wedding day today, so I've got to concentrate on writing a wedding toast. I'm known for making my wedding speeches good but way too long. But whatever, wedding guests are a good crowd, liquored up and in a good mood. I'm so used to being ignored by teenagers that I end up going a little overboard when I have people actually paying attention and laughing along.

Not sure what I'm going to say yet, but I know that I'll end with these two Polish words: Sto lat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will be a terrific speech. . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. . .and long.

Historygrl said...

I know there were plenty of weddings in Chicago this weekend, but she didn't marry a lawyer, did she? My brother was the best man at a Chicago wedding. Polish too. (Again, not a surprise in Chicago).

jenska said...

As usual, a great toast. And I couldn't help but feel the pride in our side of the room as so many sang "Sto Lat" -- and I'm not even Polish! Someone at our table did comment they didn't know that song was so long. Too bad they couldn't have heard the FULL version!

teacherman said...

Thanks, jenska. The singing of "Sto Lat" was very spirited.
And, sorry, historygrl, my sister did not marry a lawyer. That would've been a cool connection ...

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful speech. Kind of weird that love was compared to an earthquake and a few hours later a huge earthquake rocked China - our honeymoon destination...

Thanks, Andy! Your a great younger brother.