Friday, May 02, 2008

Goin' campin'

It's become an annual retreat of sorts for the past five or six years: Take a bunch of city kids camping. So today after school, I'll be joining about 20 students in what hopefully will be an excellent adventure.

Some of these kids have never been out of the city. Others have never spent a night away from home. Most have never slept in a tent in a horrible thunderstorm on an unseasonably cool night in early May.

With the forecast calling for an 80 percent chance of showers, I'm thinking there is a 100 percent chance of fun and interesting stories. See you on Sunday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You're going to have a blast!!

rich the photo guy said...

AP, you ever think of doing that as a job? My little brother does that for the AMC and enjoys it.

BTW- my word verification is "ikbenr" - makes me think of "Ich bin ein Berliner!"

FresH20 said...

Camping in the rain is the kind of thing that's fun when you think back on it - like a year later.

Anonymous said...

I hope your tent is better than the one you brought to Utah! I still get a kick out of loading it with all the trash and dumping it. I guess rule number 1 of camping is: Never buy a $25 tent from Target. Have fun and keep dry.

Anonymous said...

Mr. P, we are going to have a blast too you know. Even though we aren't camping, we can do our homework ... now isn't that fun?

Anonymous said...

yes yes imperial dragon...much better than spending time outside, in the rain, with ur buddies...matter of fact, im gonna go do my homework now. cant wait for all the excitement.

Babushka#1

Anonymous said...

count me in. haha i already did the english reading ... and now i'm sitting here bored. well i hope guys are having fun. i'm going to go into my lala land and pretend that I am camping too.

-chicken tikka