Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Answering your questions, part 1

A couple of people, believe it or not, have wondered about the photo in the About Me section at left. What does that sign say, and where was it taken?

The sign says, "Whoso entereth here leaveth all hopes behind."

It hangs above my classroom door.

Just kidding. Although I wish it did. The picture was taken at Dry Tortugas National Park, which is on an island off Key West. That's me waving goodbye as I walk into a dungeon. A few of my students wish I had stayed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my college professors did have that hanging over his classroom door. Except, since he was a music geek, his version was in the original Italian: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. Still, it made us think twice every time we walked in for a quiz.