Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The bad, the good, the great

It's ACT score time. I was really pushing my juniors to get an 18, and some are actually excited about their scores. Just got this email from one of my kids. All of a sudden I'm feeling better about the entire school year (and I guess about life).
Mr. P,

well i have some good news, some bad news, and some GREAT news.

im sure you want the bad news first so here it goes...

I DIDN'T PASS MY ACT EXAM!!!

bummer right...luckily there is also some good news...

I GOT A 17 AND IMPROVED MY SCORE BY 4 POINTS!!!

so close to the 18!!!!...ok now the great news...

IF I IMPROVED BY 4 POINTS THIS TIME, CAN YOU IMAGINE IF I TAKE IT AGAIN AND IMPROVE ANOTHER 4....THAT WOULD BE COOL

all this i did with your help...you were the only teacher in any of my classes that actually gave a damn about kids and their future. Thank you so much for supporting my classmates and me. Thank you for teaching us all the strategies that helped SO MUCH on the test.



IM GOING TO NEED YOU TO PLEASE GIVE ME TUTORING CLASSES AFTER SCHOOL TO TAKE THE ACT AGAIN NEXT YEAR...i know its my senior year and i wasnt supposed to worry about the test but now that i saw such progress i got motivated and i'm determined to get a higher score...

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH REALLY...I DONT HAVE WORDS TO THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

3 comments:

yesdear said...

hey! that's not fair.

how come i am not getting tutoring? i'm decreasing like crazy here! received my score today and i'm no where close to being happy.


dammit, i have to be a member to leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

Chicago Public Radio just did some reporting on the ACT:
http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Content.aspx?audioID=23938
http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Content.aspx?audioID=23927
http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Content.aspx?audioID=23959

middleson said...

that's the good stuff.

that is SO cool. when a student takes time out of their life to thank you or share excitement in their education, you are right, it totally makes it worth it.

hearing a student say that you motivated them...has to be so empowering and rewarding.

congrats.